Welcome to Bikini Bootcamp 2017! Over the next 8 weeks I am going to be posting some of the toughest MFit workouts ever. These videos will all include strength training, fat burning cardio, and stretching. I will be giving away some of my best tips and exercises to burn fat and build muscle. Let’s get swimsuit ready!
To kick things off, we will be doing a total body workout. Total body workouts are tough because they require so many muscles to work at the same time. This is both challenging for your muscles and your cardiovascular system. So even though this workout will build muscle, the entire thing is going to feel like cardio.
All you need for this workout are dumbbells. If you are working out at home and don’t have dumbbells, that is okay you can grab something else. Some great dumbbell substitutes are: water bottles, canned food, paper weights, books, wine bottles, and cleaning supplies. Basically anything that has weight can work as weights for this workout (just make sure you choose something that is easy to hold).
Feel free to print out the workout below to take it with you to the gym or follow along with the video:
Part 1. Progression Circuit
* Do this circuit three times, each round we will be changing/advancing the exercises slightly. If you don’t feel ready for a more advancement movement, stick to one of the more basic variations.
* Do each exercise for 50 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, and repeat with the next exercise
- Walk Down >> Walk Down Plank Jack >> Walk Down into 2 Plank Jacks with a Shoulder Tap
- Squat >> Side To Side Squat >> Rainbows
- Knee Pulls >> Knee Side Kick (right) >> Knee Side Kick (left)
Part 2. Tabata
* This will be 4-minutes of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest
* Do exercise A twice, exercise B twice, and repeat (AA-BB-AA-BB)
A. Front Kick With Shoulder Press
B. Squat Jacks
Part 3. Half Tabata
* This will be 2-minutes of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest
A. Diamond Jumps
Part 4. Total Body Circuit
* Go through this circuit 3x with minimal rest
- Plie Squat Around The World (15 reps)
- Narrow Squat Stiff Leg Deadlift (15 reps)
- Staggered Stance Alternating Shoulder Press (10 reps each leg)
- Mountain Climber Push-up (10 reps)
- Side Plank Dips (20 reps)