Welcome to Week 6 of Bikini Bootcamp 2017! Over the next 8 weeks I am going to be posting some of the toughest MFit workouts ever. These videos will all include strength training, fat burning cardio, and stretching. I will be giving away some of my best tips and exercises to burn fat and build muscle. Let’s get swimsuit ready!
Today’s workout is all about the shoulders! It’s summer time, which means tank tops, bikinis, and very little clothing. You are going to want your shoulders to look good. In my opinion, strong sculpted shoulders are super sexy. So let’s work on those today!
If you want to grow your shoulder muscles, try to lift heavy weights during the shoulder circuit at the end of the workout. If you simply want to tone the muscles, you can lift slightly below your max. No matter what, choose a weight that challenges you and allows you to feel the burn!
Feel free to print out the workout below to take it with you to the gym or follow along with the video:
Part 1. Progression Circuit
* Do this circuit three times, each round we will be changing/advancing the exercises slightly. If you don’t feel ready for a more advancement movement, stick to one of the more basic variations.
* Do each exercise for 50 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, and repeat with the next exercise
- Squat >> Squat Reach >> Squat Press
- Alternating Back Lunges >> Front Raise >> Alternating Back Lunge With Front Raise
- Walk Down >> Walk Down Push-up >> Burpee
Part 2. Tabata
* This will be 4-minutes of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest
* Do exercise A twice, exercise B twice, and repeat (AA-BB-AA-BB)
A. Tap Back Knee
B. Lateral Jumps
Part 3. Half Tabata
* This will be 2-minutes of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest
A. Quick Feet
Part 4. Shoulder Circuit
* Go through this circuit 3x, take longer rest if lifting heavy weights
- Arnold Press (15 reps)
- Tabletop Crawl (3 laps, 5 steps each way)
- Reverse Fly (15 reps)
- Bent Lateral Raise (15 reps)
- Alternating Curtsy Lunges (20 reps)