Today for the #25DaysofMFit we are going to tone, strengthen and shed fat around the midsection.
We will start by focusing on the obliques. If you are trying to get a flat stomach, you cannot neglect these muscles! Your obliques, the right and left sides of your stomach, literally pull your core in. It is impossible to get a smaller waist without training them.
In today’s workout, we will do lots of twisting, bending and crunching to sculpt your midsection.
If you are new to exercise, you may find some of these exercises particularly challenging. Don’t be afraid to modify the movements by removing the weights. You can also try one of my beginner workouts!
This oblique workout is no joke, but you need to pair this core work with cardio if you want to see those newly built muscles. This is why I have posted a BONUS workout video over on the MFit Membership today. If you finish this workout and are ready for some HIIT, head over there to see that insane workout. I have been posting two workouts a day since the #25DaysofMFit began, so if you’ve missed any of the previous bonus videos, make sure you check those out too!
Follow the workout below!
Do one set of each exercise:
1. Basic Crunch (30 reps)
2. Elbow Crunch (20 reps each)
3. Weighted Tabletop Hold (30 seconds)
4. Weighted Single Leg Tabletop (20 seconds each)
5. Weighted Bicycle Crunch (20 reps)
6. Plank Small Knee Twist (15 reps each)
7. Plank Twisted Knee Pull (15 reps each)
8. Twist Pulses (10 reps each)
9. Weighted Side Plank (30 seconds each)
10. Weighted Side Plank Dips (15 reps each)
11. Upright Twist (20 reps)
12. Side Plank Reach Through (15 reps each)