The kettlebell is one of my favorite weights to work with because of its versatility. Kettlebell training works your entire body.
You can use a kettlebell in many different ways. For some kettlebell exercises, you will hold the handle of the kettlebell, which means the weight is further away from your body. This will challenge your balance and core. For other exercises you will hold the weight part of the kettlebell, this will challenge your total body strength.
I have put together some of my favorite kettlebell exercises in this video. You will not only sculpt awesome muscles, but also burn fat and have a lot of fun in the process.
If you do not have access to a kettlebell, you can use a dumbbell for most of these exercises. Or I have found a gallon water jug is a great household item to swap out.
Follow the video or print the workout instructions below:
A. Progression circuit: Do the following circuit three times, advancing the exercises each round as instructed. If an advancement feels too challenging for you today, you can always do one of the previous variations. (40 seconds on – 20 seconds off, 12-minutes)
- Alternating back lunges holding weight >> Add a shoulder press as you lunge >> Add a swing on the lunge
- Squat holding weight >> Squat and press >> Squat and alternating single arm press
- Lawn mower row with right arm >> Lawn mower row with left arm >> Alternating lawn mower row 3x into a bicep curl to shoulder press
- Straight arm plank >> Plank with hands on weight >> Plank with hands on handle
B. Do the following circuit 2x:
- Sumo squat walk backwards – Bunny hop forward holding weight (6 laps)
- Pulsing lunge with tricep extension (10 reps each side)
- Golf swing into single arm press (8 reps each side)
- Squat jack forward/backward hop (10 reps)
- Kettlebell swing (15 reps)
- Single arm kettlebell swing (10 reps)