Do you suffer from sciatic nerve pain? I want to help! Try these hip stretches for sciatica pain. This routine will loosen up the tight muscles around your hip!
Sciatica is a very common type of back pain. The sciatic nerve runs along the side of the body starting at the low back and running down the leg. If you suffer from sciatica pain, discomfort or weakness, you’ll likely only feel it on one side. There are several ways to treat this type of ailment.
As I am a corrective exercise specialist, I am going to be talking about how to use stretching and corrective movements to ease your pain. However, please check out this article for more ways to deal with your discomfort.
Today I am going to take you through a routine that will stretch out your hips, lower back, IT band, hamstrings and other surrounding areas. If these muscles are tight, you sciatica will flair up. If you are experiencing pain, try this video!
Try the hip stretches for sciatica pain below:
Do each stretch for about 30-seconds.
1. Knee to chest (right)
2. Rock knee shoulder to shoulder (right)
3. Twist (right)
4. Knee to chest (left)
5. Rock knee shoulder to shoulder (left)
6. Twist (left)
7. Happy baby
8. Lying hamstring: center, open & crossed (right)
9. Lying hamstring: center, open & crossed (left)
10. Figure 4 twist (right)
11. Full figure 4 (right)
12. Knee over knee pull (right)
13. Figure 4 twist (left)
14. Full figure 4 (left)
15. Knee over knee pull (left)
17. Deep lunge: hold, reach, rock & twist (right)
18. Deep lunge: hold, reach, rock & twist (left)